Events and meetings taking place around Ward 5.
This is briefing of events and meeting taking place around the Ward 5 during the weekend of April 28 – April 31.
1. A Bloomingdale Safety Walk will take place this Friday, April 29 at 7 p.m. The Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners James Fournier, Hugh Youngblood, & John Salatti are calling all residents in the area to meet at the Northwest corner of 1 St and Rhode Island Ave NW. After the walk, neighbors are welcomed to join each other at Rustik Tavern located at 84 T St. NW. (Source: Bloomingdale Neighborhood Blog)
2. This Saturday, the World Missions for Christ Extension Center will have their first community Walk-a-thon. The fundraiser aims to gather monies to support over 426 families and their children residing in inner-city neighborhoods. The money will be used to fund scholarships, supply back packs, summer camps, and tutoring for their job readiness program. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. and the walk will commence at 9:00 and end at 1:00 p.m. It will start at 1st St and Randolph Place NW. (Source: Bloomingdale Neighborhood Blog)
3. The Arc of the District of Columbia family support group will be holding a special program on benefits planning on Thursday April 28 at 4:30 p.m. The topics that will discussed are Supplemental Security Income and Medicaid. The event will be held at The Arc of DC located at 415 Michigan Ave. NE, 1st Floor. (Edgewood Civic Association Blog)
4. There will be an 5DCAC Meeting at 1805 Bladensburg Rd NW on Thursday April 28 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
5. The Ivy City and Trinidad Stabilization Initiative is seeking residents input on developing a strategy to help “improve access to affordable housing, increase commercial development and employment opportunities, and develop a comprehensive vision for community redevelopment.” The meeting will be held at the Trinidad Recreation Center at 1310 Childress Street NE Saturday, April 30 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Source: Frozen Tropics blog)
View Google Map below for locations and directions: